The formulation of “What’s Krack’n” began as the need for one man to heal, and developed into a remarkable potential to help others.
Letter by Stephen De Santis: I am a surgeon with over thirty years under my belt. The surgeons of the past had to have a primary requirement of excellent skin integrity. This requirement would have disqualified me in the “pre glove” era of a century ago. Despite gloves being available, the repetitive hand washing and alcohol containing antiseptics still takes a toll. I have been compounding hand conditioning products to restore my hands for 20 years. The success of this endeavour has enable me to continue my practice in general and trauma surgery to this day. I have made countless batches of my compound for many years. I have supplied nurses and patients with my compound for years with great success. As the formula has evolved, the rapidity of restoration has improved. The current formulation, which was perfected April 2012, is the result of the feedback from many healthcare professionals. In order to demonstrate its effectiveness, I refrained from its use for several weeks. The result is evidenced by photograpic documentation. With re-institution of its use over one week interval, the improvement was again documented with photography. This was while I was performing surgery. I now wish to provide this healing product for general distribution to the public. Sincerely, Stephen De Santis MD., FACS
A similar product to What’s Krack’n is Bert’s Bees made primarily from bee’s wax. There are many similar products in this crowded marketplace, many are made with petroleum and all are intended for lips. The disadvantage of lip formulas is that they are soft and easily rubbed off. The essence of “What’s Krack’n” is that it provides both durable, long lasting as well as protective and healing properties in a very convenient package. People whose work requires frequent hand washing and/or exposure to antiseptics and solvents will experience relief without the need for frequent re-applications. One can also expect What’s Krack’n to stay on all night.
Over 20 waxes and virgin oils enter in the composition of this product, carefully respecting their respective melting point, to obtain a perfect balance of pure, natural and integral quality.
- Bee’s wax: C15 H31 COOC30 H61 Palminate, palmitoleate, hydoxypalmitate and oleate esters of long chain aliphatic alcohols. Melting point 62º-64º C (144-147º F)
- Cocoa butter: Complex fat, saturated fat 57-64%, stearic acid 24-37%, palmitic acid 22-29%, unsaturated fat 36-43%, mono unsaturated fat 29-43%, oleic acid 29-41%. Rich in antioxidants, prevents rancidity. Shelf life 2-5 years. Melting point 32-35% C (34-48% F)
- Shea butter: Oleic acid 50-60%, palmitic acid ~ 0.5%, linoleic acid ~ 7.9 %, stearic acid ~ 35-45%. Melting point 36-42º C (89-95º F) Lanolin USP (anhydrous): Actually a wax, not a fat. 97% long chain waxy esters. Melting point 36-42% C (97-108 º F)
- Castor oil: Nearly 90% of fatty acid content is ricinoleic acid ( a triglyceride of fatty acids) has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, anagelsic, and antibacterial properties.
- Jojoba: A liquid wax ester hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and antifungal. Very stable with indefinite shelf life, acts as a preservative as well.
- Avocado oil: Rich in vitamin A,D, & E. Helps increase the amount of collagen in the skin. Also prevents itching.
- Grape seed oil: Extremely light oil, readily penetrates skin for deep restoration.
- Aloe Vera oil: Increases rate of skin repair and strength. Has antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Its penetrating capability promotes skin hydration and transports other nutrients through the skin.
- Meadowfoam oil: Rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, this very stable oil acts as a preservative, offers skin protection against UV rays and helps to retain moistrure.
- Hempseed oil: Rich in gamma linoleic acid and Omega 6, 3 & 9 oils, it has anti-inflammatory properties and helps heal damaged skin.